Dr Muhammad Kagu
Agric Finance (Corporate Banking) First Bank of Nigeria Ltd
Dr Muhammad Kagu was born to the famous Kagu family of Bama town of Borno State, Nigeria in the year 1962. After completing his primary School in Bama, he proceeded to General Murtala Muhammad College, Yola (a Unity School founded 1920) in the then Gongola State of Nigeria in 1976.
From his Secondary School education in 1981, he got his admission straight to the University of Maiduguri where he obtained 2nd Class Upper Division in Agriculture (BSc Agriculture) in 1987. He obtained Post Graduate Diploma in Management (1998) and Masters in Business Administration (2002) from Bayero University Kano. In the year 2017, he was conferred with a Doctorate Degree in Business Administration and Management by ISCOM University of Benin.
His career in First Bank was initiated when he had his National Youth Service Corp (NYSC) Primary Assignment with the Agric Finance Department of the bank in 1987/88 after which he went back to the University as a Graduate Assistant. He had his full employment with First Bank of Nigeria Limited on the 2nd of January 1990 and has all along been in the Agric Finance Department in different parts of Nigeria at different capacities ranging from Agric Credit Supervisor to Regional Agric Coordinator(North) based in Abuja and now the Group Head, Agric Finance Department of the bank, a position held to date and based in Lagos, Nigeria.
- Dr Muhammad Kagu is a Member of the Executive Leadership Group (ELG) of Nigeria Agribusiness Group (NABG) -Highest Agricultural Umbrella body comprising the key players in the industry in Nigeria.
- He served as a member in several Committees under the Agricultural Transformation Agenda(ATA) of the Federal Government of Nigeria/Federal Ministry of Agric and Rural Development(FMARD), African Rural and Agricultural Credit Association (AFRACA) and Adhoc Bankers Committee.
- Member of Central Bank of Nigeria's Project Review Committee of Agri-Business, Small and Medium Enterprises Investment Scheme (AGSMEIS)
- Served as Secretariat to Bankers Ad-hoc Committee under Growth Enhancement Support (GES) of Federal Government of Nigeria
- Member Committee of Agricultural Stakeholders of Nigeria (CASON)
- Chairman, Parents'/Teachers' Association, Sundora International Schools, Naibawa, Kano State of Nigeria
He has travelled to several Countries across the World to move Agricultural Businesses forward, some of which were sponsored by the United Nations.
He is married with a wife and Five Children.