Market and investment opportunities for African agriculture and food markets are increasingly dynamic due to population growth, urbanisation, income growth and higher output services. On an annual basis more than US$10bn is committed across Africa in agricultural development, food, beverage products and services. But despite the output growth over the past 30 years, supply response has not kept up with the demand growth.
African Farming in association with Nigeria AgriBusiness Group (NABG) is hosting the African Farming’s Agroinvestment Summit in London from 2 - 3 December 2019. The content is specifically designed to embrace a wide range of stakeholders, such as government officials, importers, distributors, agribusiness owners, C-level executives from food companies, trade union members and manufacturers and suppliers of agricultural equipment, machinery and services.
The summit will create a cohesive platform for trade and investment opportunities, attracting major investors and buyers from around the globe.
The summit's agenda
- Deployment of agro-machinery in Africa and technology via OEM partnerships
- Local assembly investment, challenges and opportunities in West Africa
- Funding for agro-development and value addition
- Harnessing, processing and packaging via PPP partnerships for sufficiency and exports
- Improvement of rural infrastructure that will support agroinvestment in Africa - solutions and challenges
- Cross-border trading
- Increase productivity and output